GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS HardwareWahoo TICKR sensors
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite2von3>Letzte Seite
rxb216 09.03.2016 02:29:17 UTC

what are the next steps for esymetric to enable cadence measurement for sensor?

Hi Run.GPS Admin,

I am ok if esymetric offers cadence measurement via iPhone internal sensor as a TEMPORARY fix, or even as a selectable option. However for those of us (like myself) that purchased a new sensor that includes cadence measurement capability, we would need to see cadence being measured by the external sensor. We paid good money for these new devices in order to get the most out of them. Since others competing apps like Runtastic/Runkeeper support cadence with these new sensors, we would expect esymetric to keep up the pace.

Since esymetric does not charge monthly fee (thank god!), their revenues are dependent 100% on new users. I feel that if you can advertise strong sensor support (along with your one time "Pro" UV Trainer fee), then you will be able to attract many new users and grow your customer base. I would like to evangelize Run.GPS to my friends here in Silicon Valley, CA (where I reside), but I'd need to ensure that technologically the app can meet their needs. So let's please start this process by adding cadence measurement support via external Tickr (X/run) sensor, just like the good old Zephyr HxM offers...
kielstra 08.03.2016 20:46:03 UTC geändert am 08.03.2016 20:53:25 UTC

Hi Admin,

If i connect my sensor as heart rate only, i don't get cadence readings from the Tickr run. Cadence is messured with the (android) phone. I am using the latest release of Run.GPS (3.1.8)

my conclusion is the same as rxb216

When using Android Moto G 2014 and latest version of Run.GPS: Cadence is only being measured with internal phone sensors. The Run.GPS app allows the Tickr Run to be connected one of the following: heartrate, speed&cadence, speed, cadence, oximeter. None of these pairings allows cadence to be measured with the Tickr
Run sensor, I tried each one of them. If I place the phone on a table and run in-place with the Tickr run connected, I get no cadence measurement.

Alse see this thread: http://www.gps-sport.net/forums/thread/3027-0/
Here you state that it's more accurate to get cadence from the phone then from a sepparate sensor?? If thats true, then the use the Tickr sensor?

gr,

Frank
admin 08.03.2016 11:05:51 UTC

Thanks for your in-depth testing!

So, we've got two change requests for the apps, I guess:

1) Add pedometer support for iOS using the internal acceleration sensors - as it already is with the Android app.

2) Add support for various Bluetooth Smart cadence sensors.

I think we'll do 1) pretty fast and might need a bit longer for 2) since we'll first have to compare the sensors and order devices.

But 1) will be just as good as using an external sensor if you carry your phone in a armband or waist belt.
rxb216 08.03.2016 05:20:05 UTC

cadence only measured with Android internal sensor, Iphone reports no cadence measurement at all

Hi Run.GPS Admin,

Here are the results from further testing:

1. When using Android Note 2 and latest version of Run.GPS: Cadence is only being measured with internal phone sensors. The Run.GPS app allows the Tickr X to be connected one of the following: heartrate, speed&cadence, speed, cadence, oximeter. None of these pairings allows cadence to be measured with the Tickr X sensor, I tried each one of them. If I place the phone on a table and run in-place with the Tickr X connected, I get no cadence measurement.

2. On iPhone 6s, with latest version of Run.GPS: Nothing has changed since last testing. Pairing the Tickr X as heart sensor only allows heart rate measurement and nothing else.
rxb216 07.03.2016 20:06:24 UTC

Hi Run.GPS Admin,

Some points:

1. I will check to see if my Android Note 2 is measuring cadence with built-in sensor or via the Tickr X sensor, and will report findings back in a few hours. In the past when I used my old Zephyr HxM, it pulled the cadence values from the HxM rather than from the Android internal acceleration sensors.

2. In some other threads on this forum it was mentioned that iPhone supports measuring cadence without an external sensor (thus it supports measuring cadence via internal acceleration sensors). However I have never seen the cadence being measured within Run.GPS using iPhone built-in sensors? Can you comment?

3. At the end of the day esymetric still needs to fix the iPhone version of Run.GPS to support the cadence measurement from the Tickr X (and Tickr Run) sensors. I think this is important not only for me but for many others that are have purchased these new family of sensors from Wahoo.
admin 07.03.2016 15:17:50 UTC

@rxb216: I think it actually does not work to use cadence from the Tickr X. Probably the cadence values are coming from the Note 2's internal acceleration sensors. You can check this by shaking Tickr X opposed to shaking the Note 2 and see if cadence values change.

I think the Tickr should send cadence data through the standard BLE protocol, but it obviously does not, because otherwise it would be recognized by Run.GPS.

Can you confirm that you're getting cadence data from the sensor and not from the phone?

Thanks ...
admin 07.03.2016 10:55:36 UTC

@kleistra, rxb216: The behaviour of the devices should be equal for you both. Tickr run and Tickr X are more or less the same - the only difference is that the X has an additional storage.

@kleistra: If you connect your sensor as heart rate only, are you certain that it doesn't get cadence readings also? Are you use the latest release of Run.GPS? (3.1.8)

@rxb216:
1) The wheel circumference is only for combined sensors with a sensor mounted at the wheel (speed sensor).
2) Good to know that this works correctly.

We'll check the iPhone app and see if we can provide support for the combined sensors there as well.

rxb216 07.03.2016 08:12:19 UTC geändert am 07.03.2016 08:13:00 UTC

results from further testing of Wahoo Tickr X with iOS and Android versions of Run.GPS

Hi Run.GPS Admin,

I have some results from further testing:

1. When using my iPhone 6s the Tickr X pairs fine as heart rate and measures heart rate correctly. However it will NOT measure cadence. Even if I pair it as "cadence sensor only" it will still not measure cadence (even though it does pair). Note that the cadence "setting" in the run.gps app is more applicable for bike since it asks for wheel circumference. The reported cadence is always ZERO, and the measurement never gets recorded.

2. I then was able to dig up my old Samsung Note 2 (running Android) that NO LONGER has cell service. I was able to connect the Tickr X to the Android Run.GPS app with no issues. I noticed that the heartrate AND cadence ARE being measured properly. I only needed to connect the Tickr X as heart rate sensor, and the app then measured both heart rate and cadence correctly. I did NOT have to pair the sensor twice, but rather only once within Android (as heart sensor).

My conclusion is that the iOS version of Run.GPS is broken in terms of supporting cadence measurement for the Tickr X. I would like to ask esymetric to please fix this problem as soon as possible. I can't use my old Note 2 phone since my cell service is now with my iPhone 6S device. I paid for the Pro version of Run.GPS and I also spent a lot on this Wahoo Tickr X. Please work to resolve this and I can aid in any debugging requested by esymetric.
kielstra 06.03.2016 12:09:41 UTC

I have the tickr Run, it also has a cadence sensor. i don't have an Iphone. I have a moto G 2014. Heartrate sensor works perfect. But how do i connect it as an Cadence sensor? And ho did you connect the ticker twice? If you need me to test something, just let me know.

gr,
frank
admin 04.03.2016 09:33:01 UTC geändert am 04.03.2016 09:33:09 UTC

You're right that this should be working. I can see on your screenshot that you connected the same sensor twice: as HR sensor and as cadence sensor. Does it work if you connect it ONLY as cadence sensor?

I'm sure we'll find a solution ...

Erste Seite<Seite2von3>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung