GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS HardwareWahoo TICKR sensors
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von3>Letzte Seite
rxb216 27.06.2016 20:48:15 UTC

update on connection of two profiles (cadence/HR) for iOS

eSymetric,

What is the update on this? It's been 2 months and I have seen no updates as to connecting the TickrX as both cadence and HR monitor in iOS. This was the main impetus for me to buy this Wahoo device (as well as why I bought the Run.GPS app). What will be the release date of the supported software?
admin 29.04.2016 13:51:07 UTC

Thanks for your detailed observations! You're right that the Tickr X obviously needs special commands to set cadence measuring active. This is done by the Wahoo app. If you don't start their app, cadence will not be sent although the RSC profile (running speed & cadence) is connected and the notification flag is set.

As to connecting both profiles at a time: We'll give it a look and see if we can get this running. On Android, this does seem to work.
rxb216 27.04.2016 05:43:17 UTC

Run.GPS does not allow Cadence + Heartrate measurement at the same time | Iphone (latest IOS build)

Hello eSymetric,

Thanks for adding the cadence measurement via the Tickr X.

Unfortunately this feature is not usable and let me explain:

When using my iPhone 6s with latest IOS build it is NOT possible to use BOTH the cadence feature and heartrate feature at the SAME time.

Let me explain my trials:

Example 1:
I pair Tickr with Wahoo app.
Wahoo app reports Tickr working properly
I minimize Wahoo app (do not close it)
I invoke Run.GPS
In sensor settings I check both “Running Speed & Cadence” and “Heartrate”.
I allow Run.GPS to search for Bluetooth LE sensors, and Tickr is discovered for both sections.
I then go back to Run.GPS home screen and click on the white heart on the bottom of screen.
I then click on the “connect” button.
Run.GPS reports that the sensor was connected
Heartrate is NOT measured (reports 0 BPM) and does not update
Heartrate symbol is shown as a broken heart on the homescreen
The Run.GPS app however does properly monitor and measures cadence ONLY.

Example 2:
I invoke Run.GPS
In sensor settings I ONLY check “Running Speed & Cadence”.
I allow Run.GPS to search for Bluetooth LE sensors (under running speed/cadence), and Tickr is discovered.
I then go back to Run.GPS home screen and click on the white heart on the bottom of screen.
The Run.GPS app properly monitors and measures cadence.
I confirm this by putting phone on ground, then shake sensor, and I can see cadence measurement spike

Example 3:
I invoke Run.GPS
In sensor settings I ONLY check “Heartrate”.
I allow Run.GPS to search for Bluetooth LE sensors (under Heartrate), and Tickr is discovered.
The Run.GPS app properly monitors and measures heatrate.
The heartrate symbol is either blue or red (indicates heartrate is working)
Cadence is measured however Run.GPS app is using internal iPhone sensors (not what I really want)

Example 4:
I invoke Run.GPS
In sensor settings I ONLY check “Running Speed & Cadence”.
I allow Run.GPS to search for Bluetooth LE sensors (under running speed/cadence), and Tickr is discovered.
The Run.GPS app properly monitors and measures cadence via Tickx sensor.
I then go back to sensor settings and check Heartrate box.
BOTH heartrate and Cadence are reported as “0” and never update
Heartrate symbol is shown as a broken heart on the homescreen

Other observations:

I am using: "use sensor values instead of GPS values for speed and cadence", however even if I disable this there is no difference. Once simply CANNOT measure both heartrate and cadence using Tickx sensor.

It IS required to pair the sensor with the Wahoo Tickx app AND leave the Wahoo running in the background in order for the cadence measurement to work inside Run.GPS. If this is not done, then cadence measurement will not work inside Run.GPS.
admin 03.04.2016 16:14:32 UTC

That's right.

You need to connect the Tickr with profile "Running Speed & Cadence" and also check the options "use sensor values instead of GPS values for speed and cadence".

Also, there's still some strange issue. It seems that the TICKR needs some initialization for the RSC (Running Speed & Cadence) profile. I had to first use the "Wahoo Utility" app and wait for it to show step values and only then it would work in Run.GPS.
kielstra 02.04.2016 07:34:25 UTC

With the new update i can connect my tickr multiple times. So now rungps can get heartrate and speed/cadence?
How does this work and how can i test if speed and cadence data is messured by the tickr
Gr,
Frank
admin 22.03.2016 12:09:04 UTC

That's right, you're welcome! The PRO edition has now been approved by Apple Team, and the FREE version for iOS hopefully soon will be approved too.

We've ordered a Wahoo Tickr X and will see how we can support cadence coming from the device.

rxb216 21.03.2016 23:37:57 UTC

internal sensor now enabled for cadence using latest build

thanks eSymetric for adding the cadence measurement using internal sensor, it seems to be working (just tested by shaking the phone). Will reports back later with more feedback once some runs are completed...
admin 14.03.2016 10:53:08 UTC

We're already testing the pedometer function plus Indoor/Outdoor mode (as already present in the Android version) and will publish the app probably tomorrow or on Wednesday. It will however take another week to get it through app store certification ...
rxb216 14.03.2016 02:50:02 UTC

Thanks eSymetric! I look forward to trying out the new iOS build of Run.GPS with working cadence measurement (using internal sensors), and then later with Wahoo sensor measuring cadence.
admin 10.03.2016 15:11:26 UTC

OK, so that's what we will do: We'll soon (this week or start of next week) release an iOS version that will use internal acceleration sensors to act as a pedometer.

Then we'll figure out a way how to support Wahoo sensors that can measure cadence.
Erste Seite<Seite1von3>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung