GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS SoftwareAfter the Upload the loged Tracks was only half the distance
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite2von2>Letzte Seite
NoPlayBack 20.04.2020 12:20:39 UTC geändert am 20.04.2020 12:21:27 UTC

Now this happens very often...

Have reported this same issue in Oct 2018 already...
https://www.gps-sport.net/forums/thread/10384-0/Training-nicht-komplett-gespeichert
usually very seldom but now it happened 2 times in the last 2 sessions.
I am pretty sure that when stopping the app it did display the whole track.
It seems to stop recording at a point where i do something different with the phone... yesterday i did take pictures and did a phonecall, that is the point where the track ends now, although the app was continiously running.
admin 25.01.2020 23:49:13 UTC

One serious problem we have with Android 10 is an ANT+ library crashing. For this we already have a solution and will provide an update soon.

For the mentioned recording issues we don't have a solution yet, but will keep on investigating.
pathfinder71 25.01.2020 00:20:57 UTC

Hello,
today the same problem here on Android 10 on Huawei P30 pro.
Live view was ok. About 16 times with the Skilift up and down the ski trail. Diagram live was ok.
Ended the app correctly.
At home only 3 times up and down are logged.
There must be a big problem..

Regards, Andi
henzel 15.11.2019 13:06:41 UTC geändert am 15.11.2019 14:57:34 UTC

Exactly this!

Ah, not the only one experiencing this!
I have had the same experience in two trainings now, very frustrating. It seems to happen to me, while multitasking on the phone, somehow, run.gps app may not write anymore, though the app seems to work fine and live data is correct. Afterwards, after uploading, you see a (hug) part of your training was actually not recorded.

Reproduction path:
Samsung S8 (Android 9) with energy-saving on (nut sure if that is een issue, normally not, I have it on for months and gives no issue in other trainings)

1. 0km. Started training (MTB: https://www.gps-sport.net/trainings/HoltenBlauw_2413196), with navigation on with route https://www.gps-sport.net/routes/HoltenBlauw_230908 (both public)

2. After some (~4) kilometers, I decided to open Whatsapp and turned on live-tracking in Whatsapp to someone and was doing some Spotify music changes and switched back to Run.GPS app.
It was during these actions, the training was not recorded to memory anymore. Although it seemed to work completely fine after this moment on, navigating me, showing me information about speed, correct distance, heartrate etc etc. There was no signal at all, that actual recording was stopped.

3. About 18 kilometers later, I decided to take a break and enjoy a view and pressed the pause button in the app. Also I resetted navigation, since I wasn’t following it anymore. After some minutes, I pressed start again and continued the training. All data in the app showing normal values and graphes as if there was no interuption 18km back.
It were these actions which somehow got the recording to memory going again.

4. From km 22 to 49 the app was fully functioning, took a break again at ~40km.

5. Finished the training, 49km according to the app, 2 hours and a few minutes. I then uploaded it from the app. I looked at the website and it was showing 31km in 1 hour 18 minutes. First I thought it was mile to km issue, but the map and time showed me that this issue happened to me twice now. Once in the trial (some weeks ago, made a bug report), once in the Trainer UV Pro 3.2.12.

LeMarquis told me he recognised the issue also. Not recording, although live app works fine. (https://www.gps-sport.net/users/lemarquis)

Maybe it is a nasty Android thing (maybe even Samsung), but very annoying, because as user you have no idea it is not recording anymore. This feature was actually the great thing and value of this app, back in the days (2010-2014), when batteries burned down quickly and this app would not mind this, the recording was still there, untill the moment te phone battery died.

Would be nice if the app could notify if the writing to memory was disabled by android somehow? Of it is an actual bug in the app itselves off course. :)

EDIT: maybe this was an battery saving function of android 9.. I found the option in the Samsung to turn any battery optimization off for specific apps. Maybe this kicks in, when you have the app not running in the forground for at least X seconds? X maybe 10, 20, 30? Not sure. At least I hope this won't happen again off course :).

Although from user experience, it would be nice if the app would tell/notify you if it is unable to write (log) to memory while all live functions work and you cannot know the logging already ended.
pdrunning 02.08.2019 10:22:09 UTC geändert am 05.08.2019 19:36:49 UTC

after 17km running 0 km upoad

The app registert 1-8 a 17km run after during 1h 25min. After upload distance 0km in the 'app log' and online on the rungps site 0km. Very strange.
Using S9+. Wednesday 31-7 everything was perfect.

(The 2nd training shown on the rungps site is a manual upload from from that same training recorded with my Endomondo app.)

5-8-2019: problem solved
Stofffuchs 26.07.2019 06:40:18 UTC

After the Upload the loged Tracks was only half the distance

When I finished my walk the software showed 21 km and 1500 kcal. Now after upload there is only half the way logged and the app and this portal showed only 9 km. The log ended at may turn around point when I startet to go the same way back. IAM very disappointed.

I noticed that app and portal show 2 rounds but I did not make rounds . One round is 9 km and the other one 0 km.

Untrusting was when I reloaded the training in the app, it showed correct in the logbook. But after loading it was only 9 km. Now it showed the wrong 9 km in the loading option , too.

Did I something wrong or sucks that software. How get I the foll training back?

During walk I have voice information on and it was definitely korrekt. When I finished it had have 21 km and showed me the complete way on the map.

Fox
Erste Seite<Seite2von2>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung