GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS HardwareTopeak Panobike Speed/Cadence BLE sensor
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite2von2>Letzte Seite
admin786557 08.04.2014 13:31:05 UTC

We'll provide some changes in release 2.8.3:

The spoken messages will be changed to a neutral "sensor" instead of "heart rate monitor".

Also, we'll provide 2 new info displays "HRM sensor state" and "Spd&Cad sensor state"
Slogfester 07.04.2014 11:29:07 UTC

Lots of field testing in past week :)
Connectivity of polar hrm is problematic. Especially when stopped! Which of course should not be a problem, but may provide a clue. The monitors are stopped, but not the HRM. so may be they are interfering with each other or sharing program routines? When I connect speed monitor, run.gps says 'your heart rate monitor has been successfully connected'
Slogfester 28.03.2014 12:55:34 UTC

On thing that makes it more complicated to diagnose problems is the fact that it appears that the same message is used for connecting both HRM and monitors. So, even when HRM is un-selected/OFF, and a successful connection is made with the monitor, run.gps says 'your heart rate monitor has been successfully connected'.
admin786557 28.03.2014 10:45:42 UTC

No, this is not how it's meant to work :-)

I've tested it with a similar configuration:
- Polar H7
- PanoBike speed/cadence
- HTC One S with Cyanogenmod 11

Both BLE devices are instantly found, connected and stay connected.

When we get hold on a Galaxy S3, we'll run some tests!

Slogfester 27.03.2014 17:01:15 UTC

how to get 2 BLE devices to connect

Worked it out... on the test bench:
- connect H7 BLE HRM via Polar Beat App
- connect Panobike BLE speed/cadence monitor voa Panobike App
- start Run.gps, both devices are connected and display
I suspect this is not how it is meant to work!
Slogfester 27.03.2014 16:11:06 UTC

cannot connect more than one BLE device at a time

Some more diagnostics:

- panobike speed/cadence sensor will connect IF (Polar H7) HRM is disconnected. Have not done ride test, but on the bench speed and cadence display looks ok. By spinning back wheel wheel and backpedaling (no wheel movement), you can see that speed only and cadence only are displayed OK :)
- Polar H7 will not connect in 2.8.2 (unassisted- see below), even when speed/cadence sensor is disconnected. Run.gps says it connects, but no data is displayed or recorded. This is going backward; H7 used to connect fine with 2.8.1
- the only way to get H7 to connect and display within Run.gps is run Polar Beat in background (to obtain a connection between H7 and phone) and then switch back to Run.gps. But you can then not get any connection with the speed/cadence sensor.
So, to conclude, speed/cadence sensor alone, or polar H7 HRM alone (with a little help to get it started), but not both together.
A connectivity mess :(
Slogfester 27.03.2014 12:48:37 UTC

no connectivity with Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3

I can not get the Panobike speed/cadence BLE sensor to stay connected with my samsung galaxy s3 running andorid 4.3 and run.gps 2.8.2 (3222). After rebooting phone and searching for devices, I get a long list of the same device. I choose one of them and for perhaps 10 secs get a speed reading, but then it drops out. The cadence never connects. Searching again shows no devices. Re-boot phone and get same result.
Speed and cadence works fine with Topeak's own Panobike app (but their has some major problems other than connectivity!)
The distance between the monitor and both speed and cadence magnets is less than 20 mm.
The run.gps user manual has not been updated, so I am not 100% sure I am following the the correct procedure, but I assume it very similiar to that for connecting BLE HRMs.
Thanks
Erste Seite<Seite2von2>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung