GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS HardwareTopeak Panobike Speed/Cadence BLE sensor
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von2>Letzte Seite
Slogfester 06.10.2014 19:35:33 UTC

I have found that when connecting via your technique below, although laborious to do each time, that the connection is much more robust. Thank you. I always assumed that once steps 1-6 are done first time, the user could jump straight to step 7 the next time.
Slogfester 19.09.2014 15:01:20 UTC

Thanks for checking for me.
Yes, my H7 will also connect (like yours) the FIRST time you search+connect. But next time it will not connect, without searching again. Surely this is not what is supposed to happen? In other words, details of the connection are forgotten. (Hence I suppose I am using the polar app to 'remember' the connection'. The connection with the Panobike monitor is remembered.
And (hence) auto-connect never works for the H7.
And yes, the connection/disconnection state is incorrect much of the time.
I'll wait for the next release :)
admin 19.09.2014 14:17:18 UTC

Just tested it again with Run.GPS 2.8.4.

Configuration: Galaxy S4 + Polar H7 + Panobike Speed &Cadence

Test:

1) Turn on Bluetooth
2) Wear Polar H7
3) Start Panobike sensor with a magnet (it's not on the bike :-)
4) Start Run.GPS
5) Search for devices (both are found instantly)
6) Select H7 and Panobike to use for heart rate and cadence
7) Connect sensors

>> Both sensors are connected and display heart rate and cadence. No additional apps are installed or started.

It's important that both sensors are started before you press connect.

One thing I noticed though is that the state (connected / disconnected) is not always correctly recognized, which may result in devices not being reconnected.

We will change that in the next release. I can send you a preview APK if you would like to test if this solves your problems.
Slogfester 18.09.2014 12:13:16 UTC

For sake of completeness I provide some more long term feedback on this.
These devices (polar H7 HRM and panobike speed/cadence monitor) lose connection very quickly when stopped. Once disconnected it not possible to re-connect without a laborious exercise:
- close Run.gps
- switch off bluetooth
- make sure polar beat is closed down
- restart blueetoth
- restart polar beat to make connection with H7
- open run.gps and resume activity

Conclusion. run.gps 'locks' the bluetooth data connection (in the background), but will not 're-connect' once it has disconnected.

It is very problematic :(

Would I be better off getting the panobike HRM because at least in 2.8.4 it is not necessary to have panobike app running before run.gps for connection the speed/cadence monitor. I am presuming the panobike HRM will do likewise?
Slogfester 07.06.2014 21:53:05 UTC geändert am 09.06.2014 10:59:22 UTC

Just some more feedback on this since last Android update to 2.84b 3343

Speed/cadence sensor now connects direct to Run.gps. No need to run Panobike app first :)

Polar H7 still needs Polar beat app to run first before connecting to run.gps.

Remember, the H7 used to work fine direct with run.gps in previous version, so something somewhere stopped this in update??

Both devices are still a nightmare to reconnect after auto-disconnecting themselves (for example when stopped fr a coffee). Often this results in Run.gps crashing and sometimes the phone.
Slogfester 12.05.2014 13:25:11 UTC

I recently had to hard reset my S3 (Android 4.3), so a good opportunity to start from a clean, standard and very common system.

Run.gps (2.8.3 3298) was able to detect and connect with Panobike and H7 initially, but after a phone restart the same problems of erratic connections exist.
So now, like before, I still have to run Panobike and Polar Beat apps first, to get Run.gps to connect and behave itself.
admin786557 22.04.2014 11:13:43 UTC

It tries to reconnect every 20 seconds, for 15 minutes.

Slogfester 17.04.2014 11:26:04 UTC

How long is the time out for reconnecting? Even after a few minutes it seems to give up? May be best to let the user decide on time out in mins? Battery life is not so much an issue on my Samsung S3 :)
Tom 16.04.2014 13:07:49 UTC

Auto-connect on startup does work for me. Also with exactly the same combination (Panobike + Polar H7). There's not functional difference between the 2 connect buttons.

> after pause (for coffee!), no auto-reconnect of device that has moved away from range and/or gone to sleep, repeat as above.... fiddle.... try running Topeak Panobike in background, some things work... some of the time....fiddle.....

Yes I can confirm that. After a while, Run.GPS stops trying to reconnect in order to save battery power. I wouldn't want to have the app trying to reconnect for 1/2 hour or more as I assume that this would drain the battery.

Slogfester 16.04.2014 12:57:08 UTC

installed 2.8.3:

- no auto connect on start up of run.gps for either HRM or panobike sensor
- manually connecting (config/sensors/connect sensors or heart icon page/connect... whats the difference?) gets connection with panobike sensor, but not polar HRM.
- to connect polar HRM, MUST run Polar Beat first. (This is a regression from 2.8.1 when it worked fine)
- after pause (for coffee!), no auto-reconnect of device that has moved away from range and/or gone to sleep, repeat as above.... fiddle.... try running Topeak Panobike in background, some things work... some of the time....fiddle.....

in summary. many problems with connectivity.

Erste Seite<Seite1von2>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung