GPS-Sport ForenGPS-Sport Wishlist / IdeasFixing track
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
antond57 04.12.2011 22:21:01 UTC

GPS points noise correction.

Hi All,

The accuracy of a GPS receiver depends on many factors.
This results a kind of noise, the GPS points whirls around the route.
This means that the measured distance and speed is always higher than actual values.
Please build in an adjustable correction so that the average noise of the GPS points fixes per sport type.
As higher the average speed, as smaller the correction is required.
My experience is an average correction for the sport type:
Walking (with serveral stops): -8%
Running: -3%
Mountain biking (rough terrain): -2%
Race biking: -1%
Niederfuchs 24.08.2011 16:57:46 UTC

I second that...

This happens and there ought to be a correction mode, including an intelligent way of "guessing missing data" on the side of the program. It could be from point of loss of signal - average speed is set util pickup of new signal - and when uploading data with signal losses - the website should itself try to ask the user to correct the specific track-data manually...
lmig 23.08.2011 13:50:51 UTC

Hi everybody.
completely agree: it happens that sometimes I have to delete bunches of training records because of bad-signal GPS status...
It would be greatly appreciated the chance to fix (at least) tracks, maybe dragging and dropping points of the path...otherwise the training session is full of unusefull data (number of break, unexisting shortcuts and so on) far from the real performance.
Tnx in advance for the efforts in continously improving.
antond57 23.05.2011 18:25:48 UTC

Continue speed and distance with GPS signal loss.

When GPS signal is lost during training, the speed is put to 0.
Moreover, this is seen as a false break.
Therefore the idea of ??the last (accurate) values ??hold till the GPS signal is restored. Result that final result of the training should then more accurate.
boulanol 07.12.2009 12:10:01 UTC

Hi all,

Sometimes, my GPS records bad data : my training is 99% good, but i have one or two points very badly located (and it affects the distance - for example 70 km instead of 50, average speed, etc.). When it happens, to keep my stats ok, i have to delete the training and to replace it with a manual training...
So it would be great to have the possibility to delete / correct some points of a training.
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung