GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS Wishlist / IdeasWahoo tickr x / run
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
admin 13.01.2016 09:41:32 UTC

I think both devices are quite similar. I never found getting speed readings through an acceleration sensor very helpful though - it's *very* inaccurate. A much better solution for indoor trainings is to estimate speed and distance through the Run.GPS pedometer function.

This is how it can be done:

1) Go for an outdoor run with Run.GPS
2) After the run, you'll find your average stride length on the GPS screen (little GPS signal strength indicator in the control bar)
3) Enter the stride length in Configuration >> User >> Indoor Mode >> Stride length
4) When you go for an indoor run, just switch Run.GPS to indoor mode on the GPS screen >> Indoor Mode
5) GPS will be turned off and speed and distance will be calculated through the pedometer
kielstra 12.01.2016 13:10:42 UTC

The Wahoo Tickr also has built-in acceleration sensors. Whats the difference with Zephyr?
admin 12.01.2016 12:38:59 UTC

The Zephyr HRM has built-in acceleration sensors and all data is sent through the old Bluetooth 2.0 protocol. The Zephyr HRM is legacy and I wouldn't recommend it today.

I would simply use any Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor in combination with the phone's built-in acceleration sensor for detecting cadence.

kielstra 12.01.2016 12:20:27 UTC

If i choose the Zephyr hrm the Rungps app has an option to use the sensor values from the Zephyr sensors. Whats the difference with the Wahoo Tickr?
admin 22.11.2015 18:29:15 UTC

Well, cadence is also measured directly by Run.GPS through the phone's built-in acceleration sensors. How does the tickr x measure cadence? Probably also through an acceleration sensor, right?

Speed measured via acceleration sensors is pretty inaccurate, so it's much better to use speed calculated from GPS.
kielstra 21.11.2015 20:14:45 UTC geändert am 21.11.2015 20:29:39 UTC

Yes i know, but the tickr x reads more then just heartrate. It also meassures cadans andere speed. Would be Nice if Rungps could use/interprend this data
Wahoo also opend up the API to the tickr x
admin 16.11.2015 10:44:25 UTC

This should already work. They state on their website that it's compatible with third party apps. I guess they use the standard Bluetooth Low Energy Heart Rate characteristic.

http://de-eu.wahoofitness.com/devices/hr.html

We didn't try it yet though ...
kielstra 14.11.2015 19:56:59 UTC

Any plans on wahoo tickr x / run integration? Would be Nice if run.GPS could use the sensordata from the tickr
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung