GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS Wishlist / IdeasDownload trainings from the portal
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
admin 20.10.2014 10:25:54 UTC

Windows Phone 8.1 is so terrible!! It has now support for Bluetooth Low Energy, but it does NOT support gps background apps any more. This is absolutely unbelievable, but it is true, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/dn642084(v=vs.105).aspx

So ... Run.GPS cannot use the Windows Phone 8.1 API. It does run on WP8.1, but it cannot be a WP8.1 app :-)

We've invested much time to port all the Bluetooth Low Energy features for WP8.1, but when we uploaded it to Windows Marketplace, the app was simply refused because it was trying to track the locaction while in background mode :-(

>> WP8.1 sports apps are not possible
wiatr 18.10.2014 19:23:59 UTC

Has anything changed in this matter after upgrading to windows phone 8.1? Does WP 8.1 allows to write to SD card?
raven 24.10.2013 07:58:32 UTC

The problem is that WP8 is a very sandboxed system. For instance, apps are allowed to read from the SD card, but they are not allowed to write to it. Therefore, the main data storage for Run.GPS must be the internal memory.

This also means that if you download a large map (.ratlas) file from GPS-Sport.net, this is also stored in internal memory, which is pretty stupid.

How about this solution: you upload your trainings to gps-sport.net from the old device.

Then you put the trainings in your GPS-Sport.net download cart. They will be downloaded as routes, not as trainings, but that does not matter since the timestamps are also in the routes. So you can use these to compete against.

wiatr 23.10.2013 18:13:47 UTC

Download trainings from the portal

I have found out that RunGPS on WP8 devices can only save trainings in internal memory, cannot save trainigns to SD card. This is big disadvantage: after moving to new device the RunGPS loses one important feature: virtual training agains yourself. Due to that all my trainigs are left on the old device, the trainings log has gone, I cannot competite agains previously recorded training. My solution is to implement function to download trainings from the portal. It works like this: on the old device I upload my trainings to the portal, using already implemented method. After moving to new device I download specific training to the training log, with new desired funcion. This new function makes the RunGPS much nicer sofware then now.
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung