GPS-Sport ForenRun.GPS SoftwareCan't connect my BLE HRM sensor any more (a MIO Alpha)
Bitte einloggen, um neue Kommentare zu erstellen Foren durchsuchen
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
admin 23.12.2016 12:21:16 UTC

I tested it on a Nexus 6 (Android 7.0): You can scan for BLE devices only while location is enabled. But you can connect anytime if the sensor is already known, without the need to have location enabled.
admin 23.12.2016 12:14:14 UTC

The problem is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33045581/location-needs-to-be-enabled-for-bluetooth-low-energy-scanning-on-android-6-0

Probably this is because you could obtain location from Bluetooth Low Energy iBeacons .... So if you turn off location, Bluetooth Low Energy will also be turned off.
Kwongue 17.12.2016 09:45:10 UTC

Well, it's extremely strange. Because yesterday, it suddenly worked again. But only once.

So I tried to figure out why, and I finally found a workaround ; but I can't figure out WHY it works only this way. To make it work, I now have to :

1) Compulsorily enable GPS and set it to "high accuracy". I can disable GPS afterwards, once sensor connected, but I have to enable GPS to establish connection to my sensor !

2) Re-tap "Add sensor" every time, to make the app recognize my sensor again (even if it is still listed).

If I don't enable GPS (set to "high accuracy"), or if I don't re-add my sensor EVERY TIME, the app fails to connect it. It was not the case before : I could connect my MIO Alpha HRM with GPS disabled, and I didn't have to re-add it every time.

And this strange behaviour comes from Run.GPS (since about last update), because other apps, like BLE Heart Rate Monitor, work fine.

So I found a quite hard way to make it work again, but yes, it's quite hard ! :(
admin 16.12.2016 10:44:25 UTC

This is very strange. We checked this on our test devices and we did not face this problem. We don't have a Mio Alpha so we cannot test with this one.

What Android versions are your tablet and phone? Maybe this would give a hint.

You could also try to check/uncheck the "Fast auto reconnect" option in Sensor Settings. This addresses an compatibility issue.
Kwongue 14.12.2016 13:08:46 UTC

Since last update (I'm now on release 3.2.0, build 4467), I can no longer connect my MIO Alpha heart watch (Bluetooth Low Energy).

When I tap "Add sensor" (Type : Bluetooth Low Energy), I now always get "Select sensor --none--", both on tablet and phone (Android 6).
All other types (even "Generic BT HRM") fail to detect my Mio Alpha HR watch (which is not compatible to ANT+, only BLE).

So now I can't track my heart rate while running any more.

It worked perfectly on Saturday December 10th. Can you tell me how to downgrade, or how to fix this bug ? Of course I tried to uninstall/reinstall, to wipe cache/dalvik cache, to reboot, both on tablet and phone, many times, but the issue remains.

Thanks.
Erste Seite<Seite1von1>Letzte Seite
© 2024 | Impressum | Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen | Nutzungsbedigungen | Datenschutzerklärung | Widerruf und Rücksendung | Batterieentsorgung